Young Adult Ministry (YAM) – NEW!
We invite all young adults (post high school through early 30’s), single or married, and without children to join our new ministry! This group meets on Sundays twice a month. Events include a brief worship, games/activity, and refreshments. Many events are planned this spring. Friends are always welcome. Register for an event by visiting our Facebook page www.facebook.com/christlutheranchurchdubois/, calling the church office 371-2470, or via email [email protected] or [email protected]
Watch for more events coming soon.
Adult Sunday School Class
An adult Sunday educational class is held each week at 9:45 a.m. in the Education Wing. Classes are designed for adults of all ages and backgrounds. Discussions and videos encourage community, spiritual formation, and service. See Tom Schott for additional information. All adults are welcome!
Global Aid Network is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization. It is dedicated to bringing hope and tangible help to the poor and the suffering. Congregational members are invited to donate items for sewing personal hygiene products.
Traditional Services are held each Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. The Contemporary Worship Service is held at 9:45 a.m. Sunday Church School is also offered at 9:45 a.m. Music is an important part of worship. There is a Traditional Choir and Contemporary Worship Singers. Contemporary Worship Musicians use the piano, guitars and drums. A Christmas play is presented by the youth each December. A Worship and Music Committee, together with the Pastors, supports this ministry.
Christ Church serves the ill, aged, underprivileged, and persons in need in many ways throughout the year.
- College Student/Military Support – “Stress” boxes, filled with snacks donated by members, are sent to our college students and members in the military in the fall. During spring, gift cards are sent, provided by our congregational members.
- Funeral Dinners – This committee plans and serves meals following funerals.
- Open Doors – Open Doors is a non-denominational mission supporting persecuted Christians in over 70 countries.
- Red Cross Community Disaster Relief – If there is a local natural disaster, our church building would be available to those who need a place to stay until further accommodations can be arranged.
- Shut-In Ministry – The ministry to our shut-ins include monthly visits from Pastor John or Pastor Amy. Altar flowers are often delivered on these visits. There are also Valentine’s Day gifts delivery annually and Christmas Caroling each December.
- World Hunger Advocacy – World Hunger Appeal needs are conveyed to the congregation through this ministry as needed. Monthly envelopes are available.
Our dedicated quilters meet Monday mornings at 9:00 am. Many of the quilts created are donated to local charities and fire victims. Material donations are graciously accepted. New members welcome!
The Property Committee maintains church facilities and the grounds. They work with contractors, provide quality maintenance and troubleshoot issues meeting on a monthly basis. Howard Mills is the committee contact. Mark Vivian can assist you in the winter/early spring months.
Our softball team plays against other local churches weekly during the summer months. Check the website calendar for dates, times and location. Everyone over the age of 18 is invited to play. Contact Paul Bojalad for a schedule or more information.