Summer Church Camp
It’s All About the Call
It’s time for camp! We invite you and your friends to our annual church camp with art, drama and music. Camp is designed for children 3 years old through 5th grade. The week-long event begins Sunday, July 22 and ends Friday, July 27 with the performance.
Sunday: 5:00 Welcome, Program Overview and Dinner; 5:50-7:40 Program
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 Dinner; 5:50-7:40 Program
Friday: 7:00 Performance followed by Dessert in the Pavilion
There will be something for everybody – story, playtime, drama, art, hands-on activities, woodworking, music and snack time! We need many volunteers to help with the effort: folks for the kitchen, to lead games, to prepare the activities and more! Let us know how you would like to help. We also encourage youth/teens to sign-up and assist. Nikki Dombroski is your Summer Camp contact.
Adult Sunday School Class
An adult Sunday educational class is held each week at 9:45 a.m. in the Education Wing. Classes are designed for adults of all ages and backgrounds. Discussions and videos encourage community, spiritual formation, and service. See Tom Schott for additional information. All adults are welcome!
Teen Sunday Church School Class
Teen SCS classes are held each Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in the Conference Room. The class is designed for youth grades 6-12. Discussions focus on issues faced by teens every day from stress to core values. Friends are always welcome. Come see what everyone is talking about!
Lutheran World Relief is a non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering.
Each year, congregational members are invited to donate items for youth school kits, personal care kits, and layettes. There is also a soap and blanket drive. Contact Patty-Jo Mowery for additional information or learn more at www.lwr.org.
Traditional Services are held each Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. The Contemporary Worship Service is held at 9:45 a.m. Sunday Church School is also offered at 9:45 a.m. Music is an important part of worship. There is a Traditional Choir and Contemporary Worship Singers. Contemporary Worship Musicians use the piano, guitars and drums. A Christmas play is presented by the youth each December. A Worship and Music Committee, together with the Pastors, supports this ministry.
Christ Church serves the ill, aged, underprivileged, and persons in need in many ways throughout the year.
- College Student/Military Support – “Stress” boxes, filled with snacks donated by members, are sent to our college students and members in the military in the fall. During spring, gift cards are sent, provided by our congregational members.
- Funeral Dinners – This committee plans and serves meals following funerals.
- Red Cross Community Disaster Relief – If there is a local natural disaster, our church building would be available to those who need a place to stay until further accommodations can be arranged.
- Shut-In Ministry – The ministry to our shut-ins include monthly visits from Pastor John or Pastor Amy. Altar flowers are often delivered on these visits. There are also Valentine’s Day gifts delivery annually and Christmas Caroling each December.
- World Hunger Advocacy – World Hunger Appeal needs are conveyed to the congregation through this ministry as needed. Monthly envelopes are available.
Our dedicated quilters meet Monday mornings at 9:00 am. Many of the quilts created are donated to Lutheran World Relief, local charities and fire victims. Material donations are graciously accepted. New members welcome!
The Property Committee maintains church facilities and the grounds. They work with contractors, provide quality maintenance and troubleshoot issues. Howard Mills is the committee contact. Mark Vivian can assist you in the winter months.
Our softball team plays against other local churches weekly during the summer months. Check the website calendar for dates, times and location. Everyone over the age of 18 is invited to play. Contact Paul Bojalad for a schedule or more information.