In-Tents Lutheran Church Camp Registration Form 2023
4th-6th Graders, July 17-19, Hooversville, PA
Adult Sunday School Class – Resuming in Fall 2023
An adult Sunday educational class is held each week at 9:45 a.m. in the Education Wing. Classes are designed for adults of all ages and backgrounds. Discussions and videos encourage community, spiritual formation, and service. See Tom Schott for additional information. All adults are welcome!
A humanitarian partner of Cru, UNTO (formerly GAiN) expresses the love of Jesus Christ in the toughest places on earth by relieving suffering, restoring dignity, and revealing hope. Congregational members are invited to donate items for sewing personal hygiene products that will distributed through UNTO.
Traditional Services are held each Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. The Contemporary Worship Service is held at 9:45 a.m. Sunday Church School is also offered at 9:45 a.m. every other Sunday during the school year. Music is an important part of worship. There is a Traditional Choir and Contemporary Worship Singers. Contemporary Worship Musicians use the piano, guitars and drums. A Christmas play is presented by the youth each December. A Worship and Music Committee, together with the Pastors, supports this ministry.
Christ Church serves the ill, aged, underprivileged, and persons in need in many ways throughout the year.
- College Student/Military Support – We send gift cards to our college students and soldiers each spring. To help them buy something special, donations are provided by our congregational members.
- Open Doors – Open Doors is a non-denominational mission supporting persecuted Christians in over 70 countries.
- Shut-In Ministry – The ministry to our shut-ins include visits from Pastor John or Pastor Amy. We also deliver Valentine’s Day gifts and send Christmas Carolers each December.
- Christ Church is a leading member of the DuBois Area Food Pantry. The Pantry provides large quantities of nutritious food to residents of our community more than 7,000 times each year.
- Our Monday Morning Quilting Group makes hundreds of quilts each year which are distributed locally, regionally, and internationally for disaster relief and warmth.
- We send tens of thousands of dollars each year for God’s work here and around the world.
Our dedicated quilters meet Monday mornings at 9:00 am. Many of the quilts created are donated to local charities and fire victims. Material donations are graciously accepted. New members welcome!
The Property Committee maintains church facilities and the grounds. They work with contractors, provide quality maintenance and troubleshoot issues meeting on a monthly basis. Howard Mills is the committee contact. Mark Vivian can assist you in the winter/early spring months.
Christ Lutheran Church Minor League Baseball Team
The church is again sponsoring a minor league team of 9 and 10 year olds here in DuBois. Chris Deeb, coach, is encouraged by the seven returning players which puts their team in really good shape for the upcoming season. Fans are welcome!
Adult Volleyball League and Adult Softball Team
We invite all adults to join one of our volleyball teams. Games are on Saturday evenings between 4-8 pm in January and February. Sign up by calling the church office. We also have a new Christ Church baseball team! Signups begin in May. You must be 18 years old to participate. If you have interest in joining, please contact Dustin Meyers.